Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Thoughts....

At the risk of sounding like a traitor to my generation, I would like to take this opportunity to say that this technology class was, by far, the most challenging class I have had thus far. While I am admittedly a procrastinator, there were many assignments that I literally put hours into with no positive results. As the semester dragged on, I got the hang of some things, but others, well, not so much. There were a few assignments that I missed simply as a result of being too busy; three jobs and grad school is WAY too much, I now know. But others, I would try for hours and eventually either give up or post what I had, hoping that they was right.

But, unlike the classes that I've taken that simply require mindless essays and discussion postings, I actually learned something in this class. I grew more and more excited to implement these uses of technology in my own classroom, both as learning, teaching, and planning tools. I've wondered a few times throughout the last year of grad school if it was even worth it; the classes weren't really teaching me anything and the pay raise isn't even that great, but this class, and one other that I have this semester actually better prepared me for a career in teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment